While it may seem like cloud computing is a new technology, the concepts have actually existed before the Internet itself.
Here are a few interesting facts….
- A survey by KMPG found that 70% of businesses say that the cloud has already brought them significant efficiencies and cost savings.
- Around 90% of Microsoft’s R & D budget is dedicated to cloud computing strategies and products.
- One of the most rapid expansions to the cloud came in 2009, when Amazon was able to launch over 50,000 virtual personal computers within 24 hours.
- Europe will likely be the first region of the world to unleash the true power of the cloud as an estimated 95% of businesses in Europe are SMBs.
- SMBs that have adopted the cloud for increased mobility saw 40% growth in revenues after one year when compared to SMBs that did not use the cloud.
- Cloud computing is a rapidly growing solution for mobile devices. In fact, a new cloud server is added for every 600 smartphones or 120 tablets in use.
- Conservative estimates are that a complete shift to the cloud in Europe alone could create 400,000 new businesses, as well as 300,000 – 1 million new jobs within the next five years.
Contact us to find out more about how cloud computing can deliver real competitive advantage for your business!