What benefits can you gain from outsourcing your IT Support?
All businesses are interested in saving money wherever possible and often this will include their annual IT expenditure. Outsourcing their IT support could for instance save anywhere between 25% – 50%.
In the past small firms may have had a dedicated IT person or someone who did IT along with their main role. This could have included: –
- connecting up printers
- installing new PCs and other equipment
- at the same time they would try to fix computers that had failed.
Perhaps you do too. Whilst an in-house IT person can bring benefits because they are close to your business recommending IT equipment, setting up networks and handling security, it does have its downside too.
Because of the extraordinary speed at which technology develops today, this means that the dedicated IT person may not have enough expertise in all the aspects of technology which your business is using. There is of course also the practical consideration of what happens when the IT person is on holiday or off sick? If they are off sunning themselves when a problem arises it could hit your business operations and effectiveness, something that businesses can ill afford these days.
Benefits of Outsourcing your IT
- Professional IT services as you need them
- Assurance that you are kept up to date with IT Developments
- Opportunity to centralize and consolidate your Company’s main functions, thus increasing your Company’s efficiency and productivity.
- Reduce the need to hire an internal IT Specialist
- Increase your revenues and reduce your expenses
As you can see outsourced services can cost less than having an in-house IT staff member along with the technical expertise and availability. Information Technology is not something the lay person can master without formal education and training.
Even if you have in-house IT staff, you could benefit by adding outsourced solutions to supplement your existing support. The advantages include: –
- Additional level of expertise and experience
- Extending service hours economically
- Ensuring that Staff sickness and / or holidays are covered