7 Concerning facts about Business Continuity
Downtime is real and costly, costing businesses, on average, a staggering £101,210 per hour. Take a read of our surprising, interesting and concerning facts about Business Continuity below.
- Only 51% of UK small businesses have an IT business continuity plan in place compared to 74% of large businesses
- 43% of businesses state lack of budget and resource as the biggest challenge to adopting a business continuity plan. Followed by 16% citing lack of senior management support
- In the past two years, over 50% of businesses experienced an unforeseen interruption and 81% of these interruptions caused the business to be closed one or more days
- 70% of businesses suffering a major data loss go out of business within a year
- 93% of companies that lost their data for 10 days or more due to a disaster filed for bankruptcy within one year of the disaster
- Between 60% and 70% of all problems that disrupt business are due to human error or internal malfunctions of hardware or software
- 34% of companies fail to test their backups, and of those that do, 77% have found backup failures
Source: reports by PriceWaterHouseCooper, Gartner and Forrester
Call to arrange a free intitial assessment, we can help you identify and mitigate risks to your business.