Cloud computing – fast facts
Cloud Computing may seem like a new technology, however, the concept existed before the Internet itself.
Here are a few interesting facts….
- 70% of businesses say that the Cloud has already brought them significant efficiency and cost savings. This is according to a survey by KMPG
- Around 90% of Microsoft’s R & D budget is dedicated to Cloud Computing strategies and products.
- One of the most rapid expansions to the Cloud came in 2009. This was due to Amazon launching 50,000 virtual personal computers within 24 hours.
- Europe will likely be the first region of the world to unleash the true power of the Cloud as an estimated 95% of businesses in Europe are SMBs.
- SMBs that have adopted the Cloud for increased mobility saw 40% growth in revenues after one year when compared to SMBs that did not use the Cloud.
- Cloud computing is a rapidly growing solution for mobile devices. A new cloud server is added for every 600 smartphones and 120 tablets in use.
- Conservative estimates are that a complete shift to the Cloud in Europe alone could create 400,000 new businesses, as well as 300,000 – 1 million new jobs within the next five years.
Contact us to find out more about how Cloud Computing can deliver real competitive advantage for your business!